Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Jobs tab in Databricks Community edition.

shrewdTurtle
New Contributor II

Hi,

I get the following exception when I try to open jobs tab.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'apply')

Reload the page and try again. If the error persists, contact support.  Reference error code: fd9ae37c18c1400cb15e620138c8ba38

I tried going to the support page, but that is also not opening. I am getting 500 response from server.

Please guide me how can I escalate this issue? what are the proper channels?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Zeshan Khalid​ ,

Note

Job Access control is available only in the Premium plan (or, for customers who subscribed to Databricks before March 3, 2020, the Operational Security package).

Enabling access control for jobs allows job owners to control who can view job results or manage runs of a job. This article describes the individual permissions and how to configure jobs access control.

Before you can use jobs access control, a Databricks admin must enable it for the workspace. See Enable jobs access control for your workspace.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Community Edition has the following functionalities:

With the Databricks Community Edition, the users will have access to 15GB clusters, a cluster manager and the notebook environment to prototype simple applications, and JDBC / ODBC integrations for BI analysis.

The job launcher is not part of those (it is available in the full version).

The error could be a tad more userfriendly though.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback @Werner Stinckens​ . We'll work on it.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Zeshan Khalid​ ,

Note

Job Access control is available only in the Premium plan (or, for customers who subscribed to Databricks before March 3, 2020, the Operational Security package).

Enabling access control for jobs allows job owners to control who can view job results or manage runs of a job. This article describes the individual permissions and how to configure jobs access control.

Before you can use jobs access control, a Databricks admin must enable it for the workspace. See Enable jobs access control for your workspace.

shrewdTurtle
New Contributor II

@Kaniz Fatma​ , @Werner Stinckens​ 

thanks for the clarification.

I agree with @Werner Stinckens​ , Error message should be more useful.

Hi @Zeshan Khalid​ , Happy to be able to help you. Thankyou.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.