Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataBricks Job Orchestration in PROD

ANOOP_V
New Contributor II

Can I suggest customer about databricks Job orchestration (public preview) ? Can we use this feature in Production as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@ANOOP V​ , At present, we don’t have these features.

I assume we do plan to include it by Q4 FY2022.

What is next for Multitask Jobs?

After GA we will be working on some highly-requested features during the private preview:

- Job cluster reuse: make it possible to set a job cluster that can be shared across multiple tasks within the same job.

- Task run repair and retry: make it possible to manually restart a DAG execution from a failed step.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

If something is in public preview you can use it in production, just things in preview are not covered by SLAs etc.

ANOOP_V
New Contributor II

Thanks to @Hubert Dudek​ ! Any idea when the features like reuse a cluster across tasks in a job and restart the DAG (such that it only runs the tasks again that had previously failed). are available?

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@ANOOP V​ , At present, we don’t have these features.

I assume we do plan to include it by Q4 FY2022.

What is next for Multitask Jobs?

After GA we will be working on some highly-requested features during the private preview:

- Job cluster reuse: make it possible to set a job cluster that can be shared across multiple tasks within the same job.

- Task run repair and retry: make it possible to manually restart a DAG execution from a failed step.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ANOOP V​ , I hope all your questions are answered by @Atanu Sarkar​ . Do you need some more help?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.