cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks runtime from docker hub image

michaelh
New Contributor III

Hello,

are databricks runtimes from docker hub ( https://hub.docker.com/r/databricksruntime/standard ) same as actual runtimes inside Databricks? I mean when we made our own docker image from databricksruntime/standard will be there same dependencies, versions etc as in runtime inside databricks? We need to archive older runtimes in bank environment and be able to run old notebooks with exactly same runtime.

And another question about runtimeโ€™s version. If I use my docker container in cluster creation with for example runtime version 6.6 but in setup I also select different version in column Databricks runtime version what will happened? Will be column Databricks runtime version ignored?

image.pngimage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

use the  9.x tag for an image that will target a cluster with runtime version Databricks Runtime 9.0. This is for an example. so basically you are running a image based on the version selected.so it better match.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

just build own using in docker FROM databricksruntime/standard:10.x and than it will work correctly with any 10 non beta version (although better test before changing cluster runtime)

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

use the  9.x tag for an image that will target a cluster with runtime version Databricks Runtime 9.0. This is for an example. so basically you are running a image based on the version selected.so it better match.

jose_gonzalez

Hi @michael henzlโ€‹ ,

Just checking if you still need help with this or not any more? please let us know

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.