Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create data bricks service account

Abel_Martinez
Contributor

Hi all, I need to create service account users who can only query some delta tables. I guess I do that by creating the user and granting select right to the desired tables. But Data bricks requests a mail account for these users. Is there a way to create these services accounts without mail and assign them a token access ? What is the recommended way of working to grant access to some tables to third systems ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Abel_Martinez
Contributor

HI @Kaniz Fatma​ , I've checked the link but the standard method requires a mailbox and the user creation using SCIM API looks too complicated.

I solved the issue, I created a mailbox for the service account and I created the user using that mailbox. It is not the solution that I was looking for but for now it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abel Martinez​ , Does this link help you?

Abel_Martinez
Contributor

HI @Kaniz Fatma​ , I've checked the link but the standard method requires a mailbox and the user creation using SCIM API looks too complicated.

I solved the issue, I created a mailbox for the service account and I created the user using that mailbox. It is not the solution that I was looking for but for now it works.

Thank you for the update @Abel Martinez​ .

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.