Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalled libraries continue to get installed on cluster startup

reedzhang
New Contributor III

We have been trying to update some library versions by uninstalling the old versions and installing new ones. However, the old libraries continue to get installed on cluster startup despite not showing up in the "libraries" tab of the cluster page. We can see in the log4j logs that they're getting installed, and we can import them in notebooks to verify that their versions are what we're trying to uninstall. Is this a known issue? How can I view/modify what the cluster decides to install on startup if it's not the libraries tab?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

reedzhang
New Contributor III

The issue seemed to go away on its own. At some point the libraries page started showing what was getting installed to the cluster, and removing libraries from the page caused them to stop getting installed on cluster startup. I'm guessing there was some bug causing a disconnect between what the libraries page was showing and what the cluster was actually using to install libraries. I doubt it was anything specific to that cluster (like init scripts, etc.) as we were seeing it on other clusters too.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

could you please check if there are any global init scripts specified at the workspace level? or init scripts specified in the cluster from which the libraries are getting installed.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reed Zhang​ , This article describes how to manage Azure Databricks clusters, including displaying, editing, starting, terminating, deleting, controlling access, and monitoring performance and logs.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Reed Zhang​ 

imagePlease go to the library and check if this cluster is marked to get the library automatically installed on the cluster. If so please uncheck it to resolve the issue.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Reed Zhang​ were you able to resolve this issue? If so could you please mark it as the best answer to close this thread?

reedzhang
New Contributor III

The issue seemed to go away on its own. At some point the libraries page started showing what was getting installed to the cluster, and removing libraries from the page caused them to stop getting installed on cluster startup. I'm guessing there was some bug causing a disconnect between what the libraries page was showing and what the cluster was actually using to install libraries. I doubt it was anything specific to that cluster (like init scripts, etc.) as we were seeing it on other clusters too.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reed Zhang​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or have you helped yourself to find the solution? Please let us know.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.