Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community edition - RestException: PERMISSION_DENIED: Model Registry is not enabled for organization 2183541758974102.

mo91
New Contributor III

Currently running this cmmd:-

model_name = "Quality"

model_version = mlflow.register_model(f"runs:/{run_id}/random_forest_model", model_name)

# Registering the model takes a few seconds, so add a small delay

time.sleep(15)

however I get this error:-

RestException: PERMISSION_DENIED: Model Registry is not enabled for organization 2183541758974102.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Martin Olowe​ There are certain limitations with the community edition and you do not have this feature there. To use this you need to go with the commercial version of Databricks as mentioned by @Hubert Dudek​ .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It is the limitation of the community edition. In the left menu, models are disabled. On Azure, I have models.

mo91
New Contributor III

so if I was working of azure I will not would encounter this error?

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Martin Olowe​ , Correct, but it is a commercial version (you can get a 14-day free trial + free credits when you register a new Azure account).

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Martin Olowe​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Martin Olowe​ There are certain limitations with the community edition and you do not have this feature there. To use this you need to go with the commercial version of Databricks as mentioned by @Hubert Dudek​ .

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.