cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring pip index-url and using artifacts-keyring

Confused
New Contributor III

Hi

I would like to use the azure artifact feed as my default index-url when doing a pip install on a Databricks cluster. I understand I can achieve this by updating the pip.conf file with my artifact feed as the index-url. Does anyone know where in the filesystem I would update that, or has a global init script that achieves that?

My second question, I would like to have it so users can pip install from a notebook, while having that exact same notebook work when run in a job by a service principal, so can't authenticate as a user.

I believe that using the artifacts-keyring I should be able to add an environment variable on the jobs cluster that forces it to use a PAT to authenticate to the artifact feed. Has anyone tried this/has an example of doing similar?

Many Thanks

Mat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Mathew Walters​, 

Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or Atanu's response helped you to resolved your issue?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.