Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does job cluster helps the jobs that are fighting for Resources on all purpose cluster ?

Manoj
Contributor II

Hi Team,

Does job cluster helps the jobs that are fighting for Resources on all purpose cluster ?

With job cluster the drawback that i see is creation of cluster every time when the job starts, Its taking 2 mins for spinning up the cluster.

Instead of using job cluster can we use all purpose cluster and route the jobs the jobs to run on these clusters so we can reduce the cluster creation time ? Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Manoj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Manoj Kumar Rayalla​ ,

• You can in the job set to use an all-purpose cluster (that feature was added recently)
  • You can use the pool to limit job cluster starting time (but it still can take a moment),

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Manoj Kumar Rayalla​ ,

• You can in the job set to use an all-purpose cluster (that feature was added recently)
  • You can use the pool to limit job cluster starting time (but it still can take a moment),

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Manoj Kumar Rayalla​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Hubert Dudek (Customer)​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Manoj
Contributor II
Hi Fatma,
I am good now, I was not able to rest my password to login to the community and I have raised a request for that.
Thanks,
Manoj
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.