Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

METASTORE_DOWN: Cannot connect to metastore

rami1
New Contributor II

I am trying to view databases and tables, default as well user created but it looks like the cluster created is not able to connect. I am using databricks default hive metastore.

Viewing cluster logs provide following vent

METASTORE_DOWN Metastore is down

I have enabled web terminal.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rami​ :

If the metastore is down, it means that the Databricks cluster is not able to connect to the metastore. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the Hive metastore is up and running. You can try to connect to the metastore using a Hive client to see if it's working correctly.
  2. Check if the configuration of the metastore is correct. Verify that the Hive metastore configuration is correct and that it matches the configuration used by your Databricks cluster.
  3. Verify that the metastore is accessible from the Databricks cluster. Check if the network settings are correct and that the Databricks cluster is allowed to access the metastore.
  4. Check if the metastore is running on the correct port. Verify that the metastore is running on the correct port and that the port is accessible from the Databricks cluster.

If none of the above solutions work, you can try creating a new Hive metastore and configuring it with your Databricks cluster.

@Suteja Kanuri​ Would please provide some details on how to check each of the 4 items above?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.