Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT+AutoLoader: where is the schema and checkpoint hide?

Daba
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm exploring the DLT with AutoLoader feature and wondering where are the schema and checkpoint hide? I want to wipe these two to reset/reinitialize the flow but unlike the "regular" AutoLoader the checkpoint and schema folder are not there.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daba
New Contributor III

Thanks Fatma,

I still can't find the place where the generated schema stored, but the initial problem is resolved by "Full Refresh" feature of DLT's job. So, I guess I'm ok.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Alexander Plepler​ , There is a storage option in pipeline settings - A path to a DBFS directory for storing checkpoints and tables created by the pipeline.

Additionally, delta is registered in metastore, so the table schema is there.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alexander Plepler​ , Please check the pipeline settings in this document.

Daba
New Contributor III

I will. Thanks.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alexander Plepler​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help? Please let us know.

Daba
New Contributor III

Thanks Fatma,

I still can't find the place where the generated schema stored, but the initial problem is resolved by "Full Refresh" feature of DLT's job. So, I guess I'm ok.

Thanks.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alexander Plepler​ , Thank you for the update. Please help the community by marking an answer as the best.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.