Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructor public com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtilsParallel is not whitelisted when mounting a s3 bucket

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, I'm experiencing this issueConstructor public com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtilsParallel is not whitelisted when I'm trying to mount a s3 bucket.

%python
dbutils.fs.mount("s3a://dd-databricks-staging-storage/data/staging/datalake/storage", "/mnt/storage")

The cluster is a standard cluster

Can someone explain me what is going on?

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alessio Palma​ , What DBR version are you using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

10.4 LTS the things evolved a bit.

After investigation, most of these problems are because of the instance profile in use.

I'll update the post with the solution as soon as we get it.

data_boy_2022
New Contributor III

Did you find a solution? I am running into a similar problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not on infra team, but it seems that

spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity false

did the job

leonids2005
New Contributor II

WE have this problem running cluster with 11.2 and shared access mode.

spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity false - this does not help because it says

spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity is not allowed when choosing access mode

here is the error we are getting

[17:30] Leonid Sokolovskiy

py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore$Result com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.mount(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.util.Map) is not whitelisted on class class com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please help!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.