Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Learn Apache Spark

HashMan
New Contributor III

I want to learn Apache Spark for Developer, where do I start and want materials are recommended.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aashita
Contributor III
Contributor III
7 REPLIES 7

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Good question.

As Apache Spark is an open source project there is quite a lot to find online.

I would start with checking some (free) MOOCs on Coursera, Udemy etc.

There are also quite some websites which can teach you a lot (including the Apache Spark website).

Besides that: learning python and some scala

And books of course, still a valid option. Hard to give an exact answer on this as everybody has different preferences and background.

And of course: stack overflow and this community here!

HashMan
New Contributor III

Thanks Werners

Aashita
Contributor III
Contributor III

Here's a book by Databricks I would recommend.

https://pages.databricks.com/rs/094-YMS-629/images/LearningSpark2.0.pdf

HashMan
New Contributor III

Thanks for this material. It going to be of tremendous use. I actually want to do Spark Developer Associate with Databricks.

Useful hints would be link to Certification page and recommended materials for Spark Developer Associate

Thanks

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are a databricks customer (any paid subscription like Azure databricks), please register through https://databricks.com/learn/training/home to Academy using email from subscription.

Course there are the best on the internet.

If you will not see free courses after registering, please open a support ticket.

HashMan
New Contributor III

Thanks Hubert Dudek, I have open a support ticket

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hashiru Newlandโ€‹ , Would you like to mark any answer as best as it looks like your query has been resolved?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.