Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks dashboard removing order, incorrectly sorted.

Mr__E
Contributor II

I created a table that aggregates data by year and week of year and display this in a chart over time. As part of the query, I order by the year, then week columns. In the visualization on the query (in the SQL editor), I disabled the sort, because it's wrong. I then click add to dashboard, but then it displays the auto-sorting the visualization uses instead of my ORDER BY. How do I fix this?

Edit: I switched to using year-month, because the to_date can't handle week-of-year. When I did that, then it gets the dates in the right order and it looks fine in the query visualization, but it's completely screwed up in the dashboard. See added files.

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Erik Louie​ , Would you mind posting the code stack here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mr. E (Customer)​ , did you get a chance to check Kaniz's previous comments ? is this issue resolved or do you need any further help here ?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Erik Louie​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.