cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load a json file in pyspark with colon character in file name

laus
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to load this json file which contains the colon character in its name: file_name.2022-03-05_11:30:00.json but I get the error in screenshot below saying that there is a relative path in an absolute url -

Any idea how to read this file?

file_name = file_name.2022-03-05_11:30:00.json

imageThanks for your help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Laura Blancarte​ , I apologize for the late response... Try replacing the colons in the file name with %3A. This will work by replacing the colons with URL encoded format.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

User16741082858
Contributor III

Hi @Laura Blancarte​ . Have you tried saving the file path to a list?

laus
New Contributor III

Hi @Pearl Ubaru​ ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have a list of path files through which I loop and try to load the file at the current index but I get the same error about there being a relative path. Am I missing something?

Ty!

Is it okay if I see a bit more of your code? Preferably the list and loop?

laus
New Contributor III

@Pearl Ubaru​ , Sure, here it is:

Hi @Laura Blancarte​ , I apologize for the late response... Try replacing the colons in the file name with %3A. This will work by replacing the colons with URL encoded format.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laura Blancarte​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Pearl Ubaru​ 's response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Laura Blancarte​ I hope that @Pearl Ubaru​'s answer would have helped you in resolving your issue.Please let us know if you need more help on this.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.