Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please share Databricks JDBC Driver on Maven Central

findinpath
Contributor

Can you please share the Databricks JDBC Driver on Maven Central ?

I see it available on : https://databricks.com/spark/jdbc-drivers-download . However I can’t find it on Maven Central to make use of it in automated tests connecting to Databricks infrastructure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately, Databricks JDBC Driver is not available on Maven Central.

We are currently working on publishing the Databricks branded JDBC driver developed by Simba to the public central maven repo.

The driver currently can be manually downloaded from here: https://databricks.com/spark/jdbc-drivers-download

findinpath
Contributor

@Akash Bhat​  thank you for your reply.

Do you have a rough estimate on when the process of publishing the Databricks branded JDBC driver developed by Simba will be available on Maven Central?

@Denny Lee​  FYI

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

We already have the approval for publishing the Databricks branded JDBC driver on Maven Central.

But the implementation is still work in process. There is no ETA for this yet.

Thank you!

findinpath
Contributor

Do you by any chance consider to release the code source of the driver as well?

I'm investigating a possible bug in the new driver and it would be helpful to have the code source as well.

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

Databricks is licensing the JDBC/ODBC connector from an external company. We don't have the access to the source code. The JDBC drivers are a proprietary product of Simba that we license.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marius Grama​ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help, or @Akash Bhat​'s response help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

findinpath
Contributor

Thank you for the assistance and for releasing the jdbc driver to Maven Central.

I consider the issue closed.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Marius Grama​ , Awesome. Thank you for the update.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.