Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to use vim keybindings within Databricks notebooks?

Victhor
New Contributor III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Victhor Sartรณrioโ€‹ , Here is A Chrome extension to enable Vim on Databricks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Victhor Sartรณrioโ€‹ , Here is A Chrome extension to enable Vim on Databricks.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Victhor Sartรณrioโ€‹โ€‹, We havenโ€™t heard from you on the last response from me, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

chanshing
New Contributor II

@Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹ Is that tool (dbvim) still maintained? It looks like it has been abandoned and there are a couple of unresolved issues.

Are there any plans to support vim keybindings in Databricks? This is possible in many other web-based editors such as AWS Cloud9, Google Colab, etc.

I spent a bit of time updating dbvim locally so it would work and sadly it is not that useful. There is a lot beyond the open issues that would need to be resolved. Also it does not work with the new Databricks editor.

Vim keybindings would be really useful!! Right now I find it pain full to develop anything in Databricks. Any updates on plans would be much appreciated @Kaniz Fatmaโ€‹.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.