Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Live Table Pipeline Load Error

abhay_sud
New Contributor II

I am getting this error when running Delta Live Table Pipelines pulling from a source in our sandbox's local dbfs folder. It says the user is not authorized to perform this operation, whereas I am able to see the data when I run a simple select statement. Any idea why this might be happening?

Able to query the data from dbfs folderimage 

But the DLT pipeline notebook which has the load statement to pull the same file does not work.

imageError Message:

Full JSON error message:

{

"id": "6bdfbea0-d307-11ec-a13a-b20c225d589b",

"sequence": {

"control_plane_seq_no": 1651599564260008

},

"origin": {

"cloud": "AWS",

"region": "us-east-2",

"org_id": 8628124014979244,

"pipeline_id": "08d0a244-a1ee-4488-8960-14e56ad81535",

"pipeline_name": "DLT_Test",

"update_id": "549ffb7a-5fd5-49f8-813c-0eaa52725249"

},

"timestamp": "2022-05-13T21:55:36.970Z",

"message": "Update 549ffb is FAILED.",

"level": "ERROR",

"error": {

"exceptions": [

{

"message": "Failed to launch pipeline cluster 0513-215521-4w03rki9: Could not launch cluster due to cloud provider failures. aws_api_error_code: UnauthorizedOperation, aws_error_message: You are not authorized to perform this operation. Encoded authorization failur..."

}

],

"fatal": true

},

"details": {

"update_progress": {

"state": "FAILED"

}

},

"event_type": "update_progress"

}

5 REPLIES 5

Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Abhay Sudhakaran​ The job is failing at the cluster start state, hence actual DLT pipeline has not been started yet and the job failed before that.

This seems to be an issue with authorization. You may want to check the cluster policy and other authorizations to start and work with the cluster.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abhay Sudhakaran​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Noopur Nigam​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

abhay_sud
New Contributor II

Thank @Kaniz Fatma​ , I am working with our AWS team to see how we can overcome the EC2 creation restriction. Hopefully that resolves the problem.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Abhay Sudhakaran​, Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there @Abhay Sudhakaran​ 

Hope all is well!

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution and mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.