cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MLFlow failed: You haven't configured the CLI yet

Yoni
New Contributor

I'm getting an error

You havenโ€™t configured the CLI yet! Please configure by entering `/databricks/python_shell/scripts/db_ipykernel_launcher.py configure`

My cluster is running Databricks Runtime Version 10.1

I've also installed mlflow to the cluster libraries, I've tried just using the runtime without installing but couldn't import mlflow

I found this question , but the solution there didn't help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Yoni Madarโ€‹ This issue can occur when we are running the code with non-ML cluster, though you install ML libraries. Using ML cluster will resolve this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Yoni Madarโ€‹ This issue can occur when we are running the code with non-ML cluster, though you install ML libraries. Using ML cluster will resolve this.

Merchiv
New Contributor III

Is there a way to resolve this issue without using ml clusters? Due to our current setup, I'm currently limited in which clusters I can manually create and a quick workaround for development purposes would be helpful here.

yopbibo
Contributor II

Hi,

Following Merchiv's request. A workaround to get it to work on non-ML cluster?
It used to work on older non-ml-runtime. Now it's boring for many users ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thanks

HemantKumar
New Contributor II
dbutils.library.restartPython()
Add that after you run the pip install mlflow, it worked for me in a non-ML cluster
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.