Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track features used and filters in MLFlow?

vivoedoardo
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

We are experimenting with several approaches in a Machine Learning project ( binary classification), and we would like to keep track of those using MLFlow. We are using the feature store to build, store, and retrieve the features, and h2o to do the modeling. The approaches we are trying involve combinations of the following:

• Changing the features used
  • Filtering the dataset (keeping or discarding certain records)

I have yet to find a way to keep track of those things in an organized way in MLFlow, except for writing the information somehow in the run description, but that does not seem right. I have also tried to write it as a parameter, but for instance the feature list exceeds the size limit. Is there a way to do this "correctly"?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

User16764241763
Honored Contributor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @vivoedoardo​ 

Hope you are well.

Just wanted to see if @Arvind Ravish​'s answer helped, would you let us know and mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too. Else please let us know if you need more help. 

Cheers!

NathanielN
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.