cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in creating workspace - Custom AWS Configuration

junaid
New Contributor

Hello,

We have tried to created new Databricks Workspace using "Custom AWS Configuration" and we have given our own VPC (Customer managed VPC) and tried but workspace failed to launch. There are Documents Available for resolve this error , According to those documents need to create a new VPC but I do not want to create new VPC and want to connect with my existing VPC only. I made all the changes in my present VPC that are required for the Databricks Workspace creation. Please Suggest me how can i create workspace from my present VPC.

Error: caught failure in cleanup chain: MALFORMED_REQUEST: Failed network validation checks; get network abdcdf86-2af3-4069-aed8-97a7262ee829 for more detailed error messages..

Appreciate a support on this issue.

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Junaid Ahmed​,

If you are having network setup issues, you could choose to create the workspace with a Databricks-managed VPC rather than a customer-managed VPC.

Important

You must choose whether to provide a customer-managed VPC when creating your workspace. You cannot change this setting after you successfully create the workspace.

To switch a failed workspace to use a Databricks-managed VPC, you must also use a different cross-account IAM role:

1. Go to the cross-account IAM role article.
  2. Select and copy the policy labeled Databricks VPC.
  3. Use that policy for workspace creation using the account console or workspace creation using the Account API
  • In the account console, in the network configuration picker, select Databricks-managed.
    • For the Account API, be careful not to include the network_id element, for example:
{
  "workspace_name": "<workspace-name>",
  "deployment_name": "<deployment-name>",
  "aws_region": "<aws-region>",
  "credentials_id": "<credentials-id>",
  "storage_configuration_id": "<storage-configuration-id>"
}

The following sections describe configuration errors during workspace creation and how to fix the errors. 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.