Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass admin role via Account Console SAML SSO

jameel-pdgm
New Contributor II

The Account Console SAML SSO docs mention that the admin role must be specified in the identity provider response. However it's not clear which attribute to use for passing role info via SAML.

What SAML attribute should the role be assigned to? What does the value of the attribute need to be?

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jameel A.​, This article shows how to configure OneLogin as the identity provider for Databricks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there @Jameel A.​ 

Hope you are well.

Just wanted to see if you were able to find an answer to your question and would you like to mark an answer as best? It would be really helpful for the other members too. Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Cheers!

I was never able to get an actual answer. Instead I was told to set the role via the UI.

I ran into the same issue. Our IT department states that it is not passing any roles via SSO. Hence, probably, the account owner need to login and set the roles in Databricks. 😕

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.