Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I export the latest revision of a notebook?

thaipham
New Contributor III

I've been trying to export some notebooks from my Databricks workspace to my laptop. I can't use Git Repos because the company restricted access to external services from the control plane.

However it looks to me that I always exported the previous revision of a notebook after I made some changes to it, not the latest one. I had to explicitly commit (or "Save") the changes so that they become the "previous" revision before I could see them in the exported file.

I'm not sure if I did anything wrong here or is it the design of how notebooks revision work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thaipham
New Contributor III

Please ignore my newbie question. I've figured it out. I forgot to use the `--overwrite` flag when I ran the export command.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

thaipham
New Contributor III

Please ignore my newbie question. I've figured it out. I forgot to use the `--overwrite` flag when I ran the export command.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Too bad you are not allowed to use Repos, can be a life saver.

Can you check your answer as best answer so the question is marked as solved?

thaipham
New Contributor III

Sure. Thanks.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.