Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not start cluster for DB community version

Trung
Contributor

please show me why I can not start the cluster via  DB community version. it show the error bellow:

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trung nguyen​,

To try Azure Databricks, you need to have a “Pay-As-You-Go” subscription.

Azure Free Trail has a limit of 4 cores, and you cannot create an Azure Databricks cluster using a Free Trial Subscription because creating a spark cluster requires more than four cores.

If you have a free account, go to your profile and change your subscription to pay-as-you-go.

Then, remove the spending limit, and request a quota increase for vCPUs in your region.

When you create your Azure Databricks workspace, you can select the Trial (Premium - 14-Days Free DBUs) pricing tier to give the workspace access to free Premium Azure Databricks DBUs for 14 days.

Refer "Sign up for a Free Azure Databricks Trial" for more details.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @trung nguyen​ have you tried reducing the cluster size? With the community version, we have limitations. Further please share the cluster config. Normally such errors are generated when we reach/exceed the limit set on the cloud.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @trung nguyen​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from me and @Prabakar Ammeappin​, and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Hi @trung nguyen​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.