Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we order the widgets in Databricks?

Reza
New Contributor III

I am trying to order the way that widgets are shown in Databricks, but I cannot. For example, I have two text widgets (start date and end date). Databricks shows "end_date" before "start_date" on top, as the default order is alphabetical. Obviously, I can add "1-start_date" and "2-end_date" to order them in visualziation, but it is not nice. I am wondering if there is an option to manually sort the widgets.

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Reza Rajabi​ this is a known thing and we have a feature request to fix this. I do not have an ETA on when this feature will be available. So for now to avoid the widgets being in alphabetical order, you need to use the prefix like 1,2,3.. or A,B,C.. to get them as per your requirement.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reza Rajabi​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

Hi @Reza Rajabi​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or the workaround provided by Prabakar help you? please let us know

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.