Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster issue

MMMM
New Contributor III

I signed up with databricks free trial but I am not be able to create new cluster , could you help me in this regard ?

When i create cluster nothing happens and it terminates automatically , I'm on aws

15 REPLIES 15

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you see anything in the event logs?

MMMM
New Contributor III

Cluster terminated.Reason:Aws Insufficient Instance Capacity Failure

and I tried multiple times and at last I am able to create cluster.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam​ , Thank you for the update. I'm glad you found a solution. Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button.

MMMM
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,

It did not help me a lot . I have lot of issues. is there a way to have a technical talk with databricks team

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam​ , Please mention your issues here. We will respond with more details, and we will try to help. Thanks.

MMMM
New Contributor III

Hi,

Why i see lot of EC2 running named worker... thought I don't have any cluster running ?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam​, In this case,

1. Please make sure the Databricks IAM role does have all the required permission mentioned https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/account-api/iam-role.html#0-language-Your%C2%A0VPC,...
  2. Make sure you did not change the EC2 tags, especially the reserved ones: ClusterName, RunName (for job clusters), JobId (for job clusters), Creator Name, Vendor ClusterId, and Name after the cluster is running.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam​,

Please check this doc for your reference.

MMMM
New Contributor III
Thanks but I need to know many things and your link does not help me
Few issues I want to address
1) My clusters aren't working all the time, if i create it gets terminated automatically. Sometimes i am able to create.
2) I can't log to help as I am getting out and every time it's asking for login
3) I see mamy ec2 even after terminations of clusters in databricks. why EC2 remains active in aws
4) I'm pretty much confused on databricks billing ? so other than ec2 charge i have to pay for running clusters ?
5) Which payment mode should I use? the one with databricks or pay as you go that is just launched ? What's the difference? Which one is the cheapest ?
6) in my trial period how many DBUs I consumed. If it was not a trial then how much the cost was ?
7 ) what's databricks support and how to pay and what's the price model

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam​, Thanks for letting me know. Let me address your issues individually.

• Sometimes, a cluster is terminated unexpectedly, not as a result of a manual termination or a configured automatic termination. A cluster can be terminated for many reasons. Azure Databricks initiate some stops, and the cloud provider starts others. This article describes termination reasons and steps for remediation.

• This is because you're using Community Edition. The 14-day free trial gives you a collaborative environment for data teams to build solutions together. Interactive notebooks use Apache SparkTM, SQL, Python, Scala, Delta Lake, MLflow, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, and more. Please note that your cloud provider will still charge you for resources (e.g., compute instances) used within your account during the free trial.

• The Databricks account owner and account administrators can manage your Databricks subscription.

Note:-

This article describes how to manage your Databricks subscription using the new account console. Subscription management is different for some versions of the platform, which continue to use the legacy account console. Both account consoles are accessed the same way, but what you can do differently. All new Databricks accounts and most existing accounts use the new account console. If you are unsure whether your account uses the new account console, contact your Databricks representative.

• Databricks provides several plans that provide you with dedicated support and timely service for the Databricks platform and Apache Spark™. Check this out - https://databricks.com/support

Requirements for Databricks support

Your organization must have a Databricks Support contract, and your email address must be registered as an authorized support contact. See Enable and create contacts (admin only).

If you would like to learn more about purchasing a Databricks Support contract, contact us using this request form.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Muhammad Moazzam​, Also, For understanding DBUs,

Databricks are priced using Databricks units, or “DBUs.” In this video, we explain how cluster usage affects how many Databricks units you use and how much you spend on Databricks.

MMMM
New Contributor III
who told you that i am using a community edition ?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muhammad Moazzam​, I'm sorry to have misunderstood. Apologies.

MMMM
New Contributor III
what's the purpose of saying sorry if you could not answer my questions point by point and asking me that I'm using community edition ? please read questions again.
also what's this vpc and IGW on aws which costs me a lot
[image: image.png]
why this is still there ? as my trial ended now
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.