Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected error while calling Notebook string matching regex `\$[\w_]+' expected but `M' found

pratik21
New Contributor II

Run result unavailable: job failed with error message INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE: Failed to parse %run command: string matching regex `\$[\w_]+' expected but `M' found) Stacktrace:

/Notebookpath: scala

to call notebook we are using

dbutils.notebook.run("Notebookpath",3600)

4 REPLIES 4

User16764241763
Honored Contributor

Hello @pratik gaikwad​ 

Could you please share the notebook path (full string) that is passed to dbutils.notebook.run?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @pratik gaikwad​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Arvind Ravish​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

pratik21
New Contributor II

I just copied all the cells from same notebook and created a new notebook with same name at same location (no path changed)

removed old notebook

it worked .

first i tried to clone the notebook but it was giving same error.

and the error occurred unexpectedly my job was live it was working and then sudden error (no changes)

for time being i was able to get above way around but don't know the actual reason of error

wise_owl
New Contributor II

Not sure of @pratik21 , but for me cloning the notebook at a different location worked for me and it stopped giving me the error altogether.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.