Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While creating the Databricks workspace on the AWS cloudformation stack

its-kumar
New Contributor III

I am getting the following error in databricksAPIFunction resource creation and AWS Stack is failing with the rollback.

Resource handler returned message: "Your access has been denied by S3, please make sure your request credentials have permission to GetObject for databricks-workspace-stack-lambdazipsbucket-e1jr80c26ftp/functions/packages/default-cluster-grow-553/lambda.zip. S3 Error Code: AccessDenied. S3 Error Message: Access Denied (Service: Lambda, Status Code: 403, Request ID: bb1337c8-af2f-443f-9161-e040156d9196)" (RequestToken: 20d8ef79-c2cb-06f4-7fd8-34ee182b22f1, HandlerErrorCode: AccessDenied)

Please Help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

its-kumar
New Contributor III

Actually, I did not find any solution for this problem. At last, I followed the quick start guide with Azure cloud, and it worked there, so I stick to the azure cloud only.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Kumar Shanu​ this looks like the issue is Lambda doesn't have S3 access. it would be worth taking the Request ID: bb1337c8-af2f-443f-9161-e040156d9196 to AWS support and checking why this failed.

its-kumar
New Contributor III

hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​, looks like the cloud formation template is missing something. I tried to debug it and tried to add permissions manually, but nothing worked. And I do not have AWS support.

hi

I followed the same "quickstart" approach to configure the databricks with aws account and got the same errors. Please can you tell us how to solve the issue if you have already solved.

link : https://community.databricks.com/s/feed/0D58Y00009RD173SAD?t=1667538987507

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kumar Shanu​, We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , and I was checking back to see if you have a resolution yet. If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others. Otherwise, we will respond with more details and try to help.

its-kumar
New Contributor III

I think something is missing in the AWS cloud formation template. I tried to manually edit it, and I tried with Cross-IAM Role also. nothing is seems to work.

Now I am Doing Databricks with Azure it is working for me.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kumar Shanu​, Thank you for providing your update on this. I'm glad you found a solution. Would you please mark an answer as the best for the community?

hi

I followed the same "quickstart" approach to configure the databricks with aws account and got the same errors. Please can you tell us how to solve the issue if you have already solved.

link : https://community.databricks.com/s/feed/0D58Y00009RD173SAD?t=1667538987507

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there @Kumar Shanu​ 

Hope everything is going great!

Thank you for sharing the solution. Would you be happy to mark it as the best answer so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

We really appreciate your time.

Cheers!

hi

link : https://community.databricks.com/s/feed/0D58Y00009RD173SAD?t=1667538987507

its-kumar
New Contributor III

Actually, I did not find any solution for this problem. At last, I followed the quick start guide with Azure cloud, and it worked there, so I stick to the azure cloud only.

Vartika

Hi @Kumar Shanu​,

Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

It was really great of you to mark an answer as best and for pointing everyone in the right direction.

Have a great Databricks journey ahead! 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.