cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Alerts in the sidebar?

Kash
Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find Alerts in the sidebar, also my data-explorer looks different from what I see in the videos. Do I need to upgrade my environment?

Thanks,

K

8 REPLIES 8

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Avkash Kana​ could you please add more information and the link for the video that you are pointing to. Is your query about Alerts in DB SQL?

Kash
Contributor III

Morning,

Yes we would like to setup alerts in Databricks SQL and the section for alerts does not exist in our account.

There is no alerts icon and this we cannot follow the attached instructions to set it up.

At the moment we are building alerts manually for multiple pipelines so having access to this section would be very helpful.

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/alerts/index.html

With regard to the data explorer, our version looks like the original version and in the documentation I see a new layout that has me believing that we are running on an old version of Databricks.

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/data/databases.html

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

K

Kash
Contributor III

@Prabakar Ammeappin​ I don't believe our DataBricks environment is updated which is why we don't see alerts or the new UI for data-explorer. Can you tell me how we can update it please?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Avkash Kana​, Are you the admin of your account?

This article describes the individual permissions and how to configure alert access control.

Kash
Contributor III

Hi there,

The link isn’t relevant as we have no alerts icon to configure.

Kash
Contributor III

Following up as we're looking to implement better data quality controls and alerting would be very helpful. At the moment we build alerts ourselves but it appears that data bricks has this but we do not. How can we add this to our workspace?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Avkash Kana​ , Don't hesitate to contact your Databricks representative and let us know if that works.

Kash
Contributor III

Hi group,

After speaking with my rep, it appears that Databricks ALERTS is only for premium members even though that is not what is advertised on the site or in the documentation.

This is unfortunate as data-quality is a concern for us and we don't feel we need to pay a premium per DBU to have just this feature.

Do you know of an open-source solution that can help us monitor the data-quality for our ETL pipelines using sql queries?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Kash

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.