Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore DatabricksRoot(FileStore) data after Databricks Workspace is decommissioned?

anmol_deep
New Contributor III

My Azure Databricks workspace was decommissioned. I forgot to copy files stored in the DatabricksRoot storage (dbfs:/FileStore/...).

Can the workspace be recommissioned/restored? Is there any way to get my data back?

Also, is there any difference between Deletion and Decommissioning? Because in the databricks workspace REST API documentation, there is no "decommission" command. There is just the "delete" command.

3 REPLIES 3

User16764241763
Honored Contributor

Hello @Anmol Deep​ 

Please submit a support request ASAP, so we can restore the deleted workspace. You can recover artifacts from the workspace.

Hello @Arvind Ravish​ I have submitted a support request to Microsoft support team. (We use Azure). Hopefully they help us recover the data. I will update what happens.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anmol Deep​, We haven’t heard from you since your last response, and I was checking back to see if you were able to recover your data.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.