Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use a variable to mention the path in the %run command

thushar
Contributor

To compile the Python scripts in Azure notebooks, we are using the magic command %run.

The first parameter for this command is the notebook path, is it possible to mention that path in a variable (we have to construct this path dynamically during the run) and use it?

myNotebookPath = '/Shared/myNotebook'

%run myNotebookPath

4 REPLIES 4

User16752242622
Valued Contributor

@Thushar R​ I don't think it is possible to pass the notebook path in a variable and run it with a %run.

I believe you can make use of notebook workflows. Notebook workflows are a complement to 

%run

https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/notebook-workflows.html#notebook-workflows

Thanks, to my understanding and experience use of variable is not possible with %run, Thanks for your update

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Thushar R​ , We haven’t heard from you on the last response from @Akash Bhat​ ​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please do share that with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Hi @Thushar R​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or you were able to find a solution? please let us know

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.