Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader (GCP) Custom PubSub Queue

Ryan512
New Contributor III

I want to know if what I describe below is possible with AutoLoader in the Google Cloud Platform.

Problem Description:

We have GCS buckets for every client/account. Inside these buckets is a path/blob for each client's instances of our platform. A client can have 1 or many instances of our platform. Inside the path/blobs are the incremental data files we need to process for the clients. The paths look something like:

gs://<client specific bucket name>/<platform instance id>/data/<year>/<month>/<day>/datafile<some UUID>.json.gz

I want to set up a SINGLE autoloader to load all data files across all of the buckets and paths. Is this possible?

Potential Solution:

From reading the docs it looks like I might be able to create a PubSub topic, and then set notifications on the buckets manually to send the file notifications to the created PubSub topic.

After that I should be able to set the `cloudFiles.subscription` option to point at the PubSub topic I created and then set `pathGlobFilter` to filter to the correct data files so we don't read every file in the bucket.

Will this work as I am expecting? I do not want Autoloader to launch notifications on every bucket we have in our account when I add `gs://*/.....` to the `pathGlobFilter`.

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ryan Ebanks​, Here's an article that can be of your help. Please let us know if that helps.

Hi @Ryan Ebanks​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or the article helped you to resolve your question? please let us know.

Noopur_Nigam
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hello @Ryan Ebanks​ Please let us know if more help is needed on this.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.