Did you mean:ย 

How do I setup the right cluster?

Kaher
New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rheiman
Contributor II

For general cluster decision making refer to this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/databricks/clusters/cluster-config-best-practices

Once you've selected a cluster that makes sense, run it and check your ganglia metrics to see whether you need a compute, memory, or storage optimized cluster and then iterate from there.

To just see if your code works, starting with a small set of data on a single node is best practice.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ybaselto
New Contributor II

Personnaly, once my data processing is optimize, i benchmark different setโ€‹ups to find the one that respect my process time goal for the less dbu. (Sorry for my english)

Rheiman
Contributor II

For general cluster decision making refer to this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/databricks/clusters/cluster-config-best-practices

Once you've selected a cluster that makes sense, run it and check your ganglia metrics to see whether you need a compute, memory, or storage optimized cluster and then iterate from there.

To just see if your code works, starting with a small set of data on a single node is best practice.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Great article. In the future serverless option will make it easier for newbies.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Karina Herโ€‹, We havenโ€™t heard from you on the last response from @Ralph David Lagosโ€‹ and @YOHAN Baseltoโ€‹, and I was checking back to see if their suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.