Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with .dbc in the Advanced Data Engineering course in Databricks Academy

RiyazAli
Contributor III

The very first notebook of the dbc notebook which is a setup cell fails.

9 REPLIES 9

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Riyaz Ali​ , Thank you for reaching out!

Let us look into this for you, and we'll follow up with an update.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Riyaz Ali​ I checked this and it seems the data source is missing in the storage bucket.

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ !

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have checked the corresponding setup files and determined the same.

The question here is, how can the path to the dataset is unavailable and databricks expects us to practice through these dbc notebooks. They won't work with out the source data, no?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Riyaz Ali​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar​, and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, please don't forget to click on the"Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

RiyazAli
Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​ !

Thanks for your response. The response from Prabakar isn't the solution but an affirmative that the DBC notebooks mentioned in the Databricks academy for Advanced Data Engineering aren't working because the blob storage setup in the course is completely missing.

If you could get the blob storage re-instated and get the DBC notebooks working that'll be great. I have DE professional coming up in few days.

Thank you 🙂

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Riyaz Ali​, I shall get back to you soon. Thanks.

Niha1
New Contributor III

Hi Kaniz,

I am also facing the same problem.

Kindly let us know how can we practise from the dbc files which we have.

Regards,

Niharika

RiyazAli
Contributor III

Hey @Niharika Modi​ 

This issue has been resolved for me.

If the issue persists, kindly add snips of the error ​

Niha1
New Contributor III

Hi Riyaz,

Please find the snippet of the error below--:

"

AnalysisException: Path does not exist: dbfs:/user/nniha9188@gmail.com/dbacademy/machine_learning/datasets/airbnb/sf-listings/sf-listings-2019-03-06-clean.parquet"

Source-

The source for this dataset is

wasbs://courseware@dbacademy.blob.core.windows.net/scalable-machine-learning-with-apache-spark/v01/

Your dataset directory is

dbfs:/user/nniha9188@gmail.com/dbacademy/machine_learning/datasets

Skipping install of existing dataset.

I have attached the screenshot also.

Kindy help me.

Regards,

Niharika Modi

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.