Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the normalized hours value for the Databricks EMR cluster?

bala_kowsalya
New Contributor II

Hi Hubert!

I'm working on a usecase to get the compute usage stats. I used boto3 code and describe_cluster() function to get the normalized instance hours value for the EMR cluster. I would like to know if there is an equivalent for this normalized instance hours in DBEMR. If so, what is the way to get those values for the clusters? Could you please help me here?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Bala

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Bala, nice to meet you.

Yes, there is an equivalent. For example, in Databricks, you need to use the get method in cluster API or CLI implementation of API.

https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/clusters.html#get

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bala Kowsalya​, We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Hubert Dudek​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.