Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLFlow Project tutorial roadblock in viewing successful job run and run details. Resulted in failed status.

confusedIntern
New Contributor III

Hi! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

So I'm following this tutorial: https://docs.databricks.com/applications/mlflow/projects.html.

I decided to use a folder in DBFS that contains my MLflow Project details. And so, in my project I have:

MLproject:

conda_env: /dbfs/FileStore/shared_uploads/mcai2@optumcloud.com/wineTest/conda.yaml

entry_points:
  main:
    parameters:
      n_estimators: {type: int, default: 0.5}
    command: "python3 /dbfs/FileStore/shared_uploads/mcai2@optumcloud.com/wineTest/train.py {n_estimators}"

conda.yaml

name: mlflow-env
channels:
- conda-forge
dependencies:
- python=3.8.10
- pip
- pip:
  - mlflow
  - pandas==1.2.4
  - psutil==5.8.0
  - scikit-learn==0.24.1
  - typing-extensions==3.7.4.3
  - xgboost==1.5.2

train.py (which is code taken from this notebook: https://docs.databricks.com/_static/notebooks/mlflow/mlflow-end-to-end-example.html

[I basically copied the cells into a .py file. Sorry, the code is too long to include here.])

Then for my cluster specification, I have this code:

{
  "new_cluster": {
    "spark_version": "9.1.x-cpu-ml-scala2.12",
    "num_workers": 2,
    "node_type_id": "Standard_DS3_v2"
  },
  "libraries": [
    {
      "pypi": {
        "package": "/dbfs/FileStore/shared_uploads/mcai2@optumcloud.com/requests-2.28.1-py3-none-any.whl"
     }
    },
.... (47 other packages of same format)

And so I get to step 3 in the tutorial, and I end up getting this:

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 3.38.09 PMand when I go to the experiment I made in step 1, there is nothing like what is outlined in step 4.

I'm sure my mistake is somewhere in my folder containing the parts to the project, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm a newcomer to databricks and to writing code like this. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and help!

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.