Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to get the below error solved Cluster scoped init script dbfs:/FileStore/tables/***.sh failed: Script exit status is non-zero

Vignesh2806
New Contributor II

I am trying to run the databricks cluster, but at times the cluster takes long time to get set up & After some time it throws the below error.

Cluster scoped init script dbfs:/FileStore/tables/***.sh failed: Script exit status is non-zero

The init scripts run at certain times & fail at some times . Not sure why this is not a regular issue

Can you please help me with How I can resolve this ?

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

"Script exit status is non-zero," which means that the script returned some error. To debug, you need to identify what exactly.

The output of the bash script is in cluster logs. You can add some echo (timestamp and code executed) in the script to know what was processed.

You can also implement some error handling logic in bash, but it isn't pleasant https://linuxhint.com/bash_error_handling/

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi @Vignesh Ravichandran​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.