Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How concurrent runs in a job matches to cluster configuration?

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

In databricks jobs, there's a field to add concurrent runs which can be set to 1000.

If I've a cluster with 4 worker nodes and 8 cores each, then at max how many concurrent jobs I'll be able to execute?

What will happen if I launch 100 instances of same job at once over a cluster with 4 worker nodes (8 cores each)?

2 REPLIES 2

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Aman Sehgal​ On E2 workspace the limit is 1000 concurrent runs. If you trigger 100 runs​ at the same time, 100 clusters will be created and the runs will be executed. If you use the same cluster for 100 runs, then you might face a lot of failed jobs or even the cluster might go down as it will be overloaded.

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III

Ok. So at max how many jobs can run concurrently on a cluster with 4 nodes and 8 cores each and 32gb memory.

Let's say incoming data in each file is 100kb and there are 100 such files arriving at once.

How can I do estimate calculations?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.