Did you mean: 

Cloud provider launch failure

martcerv
New Contributor II

When I want to create a cluster a get this error message:

Details

AWS API error code: 

InvalidGroup.NotFound

AWS error message: The security group 'sg-0ded75eefd66bf421' does not exist in VPC 'vpc-0ec7da3d5977f6ec9'

And when I inspect the security groups in AWS I can't find any security group called 'sg-0ded75eefd66bf421'

Any help to solve this?

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Martin Cervantes​, The specified security group does not exist.

This error can occur because the ID of a recently created security group has not propagated through the system. For more information, see Eventual consistency.

You can't specify a security group in a different AWS Region or VPC than the request.

Source

martcerv
New Contributor II

I'm a novice using AWS.

Could you provide additional info to follow?

Thanks

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Martin Cervantes​, If you successfully run the CreateSecurityGroup command and then immediately run another order using the security group ID that was provided in the response of CreateSecurityGroup, it may return an 

InvalidGroup.NotFound error.

To confirm the state of the security group, run the DescribeSecurityGroups

command using an exponential backoff algorithm.

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi there @Martin Cervantes​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

AminChad_22427
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am running into a similar issue. but in my case, the security has been deleted by mistake.

Is there a way to make Databricks recreate the missing group ?

@Kaniz Fatma​ , where can the CreateSecurityGroup command be ran ? Does it change the security group used when attempting to run instances ?

Cheers.

I have the EXACT same issue!! a security group in our AWS account was accidentally deleted. Our Databricks workspace uses the "Databricks-default VPC" Network Configuration and we can't edit it. We created a new security group but can't update the default Network Configuration. Anyone have thoughts??? Our workspace is running but we can't spin up any compute and we desperately need this to support client demos. thanks!!!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.