Did you mean: 

How to integrate SAP ERP to databricks

ricard98
New Contributor II

is there a way to integrate SAP erp to a databricks Notebook through python???,

6 REPLIES 6

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Direct connection to SAP is time-consuming and difficult. Fivetran is Databricks partner (you can see them in Partner connect). They have an excellent way to connect Databricks to SAP:

https://www.fivetran.com/connectors/sap-erp

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

The options are indeed limited.

Fivetran is certainly an option. There used to be SAP Vora, but I have no idea if that still exists.

Another way is to connect to the sap db directly, but that is a big nono in the SAP world.

jose_gonzalez

Hi,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Kong
New Contributor II

I've connected Databricks directly to S4/HANA ABAP layers but will re-iterate that it is extremely challenging if you do not have a background in sys administration, networking, devops, programming, and SAP.

Azure_Data_Bric
New Contributor III

Can you please help me with the steps of how you connected to SAP ECC/S4?
I want to connect to ECC and S4 from Databricks just to check the record count in some of the tables.

sasikumar

Hi @ricard98 ,

Yes, you can integrate SAP ERP with a Databricks notebook through Python. However, the process is not directly mentioned in the provided information. It would typically involve using the SAP ERP's APIs or a Python library designed to interact with SAP systems, such as pyrfc or SAPy.The data fetched from SAP ERP can then be processed and analyzed in a Databricks notebook. You can use Databricks Connect to connect your local machine to a Databricks cluster and run your Python code that interacts with the SAP system. However, it's important to note that this process involves understanding and handling the specific data models and structures used in your SAP ERP system and may require additional configuration or setup based on your particular use case and the security settings of your SAP system. Please note that the above is a general approach and may not cover all specifics or requirements you might have.

Resources:- 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.