cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Docker Image connection

SoniSole
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created and pushed a docker image to Azure Container Registry . I used that image to start the cluster in Databricks. But the cluster doesn't start and as such when I try to run a Databricks' Jon using that Cluster, I get this error below . I made the Cluster using the same credentials used this Databnricks example : https://docs.databricks.com/clusters/custom-containers.html

I would appreciate it if someone could provide some feedback to fix the error.

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It is an error with pulling containers. Please check vnet/firewall/gateway/port settings and credentials. You can also check the connection to the address using telenet (just run that cluster for the test without docker). To run telnet, you need to use %sh magic command in the notebook cell.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

hi @Sonia Soleimani​ the error shows that the failure is because the cluster is unable to download the image. I see the image is stored in azure, have you provided the necessary credentials to access the azure repro? You might need to change the authentication type to use the username and password to pull the image from your private repo. have you tried pushing the image to dockerhub public repo and tried downloading from there?

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Sonia Soleimani​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

dsfrederic
New Contributor II

Same issue here.

Connection to the container registry seems to work (see screenshot). This connection should go over private endpoints.

Is there anyone who can help me troubleshoot this?

dsfrederic
New Contributor II

CleanShot 2023-02-14 at 12.43.00

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.