Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job fail due to Access Denied

Trung
Contributor

please help me to solve the problem that my data bricks account can not start the Job by triggering manually or scheduling although I can run the script without error.

image.png

5 REPLIES 5

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

A permission issue for sure.

Have you browsed through the docs for S3 secure acces (https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/cloud-configurations/aws/instance-profiles.html)?

when I put the script outside and run it manually there is no error, but when I put in a Job It pops up above the error.

Vivian_Wilfred
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @trung nguyen​ , Please check if you have the necessary instance profile attached to the Job cluster. You are definitely missing something related to the IAM.

Thank Vivian Wilfred, we had attached the instance profile before.

Hi,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.