Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my notebooks displayed in the order that they were last modified

Barb
New Contributor III

I use databricks for analytic work, and I have a lot of notebooks looking at different things. Right now they are listed in alphabetic order by the name of the notebook. How do I make the order display the most recently created/modified notebooks at the top?

6 REPLIES 6

ranged_coop
Valued Contributor II

This would be so useful....But I don't think it is available...

As a workaround, on the home page you get the list of recently accessed notebooks, Maybe you can use that to quickly get the notebook in question...

Barb
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the recently accessed notebooks doesn't work for me. Every time I leave databricks completely, when I come back in there are no recent notebooks listed. So it's been really really difficult for me to try and keep track of which ones I'm using. This is such a basic functionality, and it was surprising for me that I couldn't figure out how to do that. Do you know how I can suggest that as a new feature? Thanks so much! Barb

ranged_coop
Valued Contributor II

That is true, a new login does wipe out the recent contents.

Usually someone from databricks will usually see the posts and will be able to guide you along. I remember there being an option where I can directly send feedback from the page I am working on. That option seems to have been removed. You could try this link which google suggests - https://databricks.com/feedback

I myself am looking for a way to suggest having a better file manager for dbfs. Going to Data -> dbfs -> Navigate to path has been really tiresome....

tomasz
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for all the feedback here! We are actually working on a better file explorer within the platform and one of the items on the roadmap is the ability to sort by "last opened".

artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hi, may be the approach where you prefix the notebook name with some integer (1, 2, 3, etc) might help you ?

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi @Barb Krienke​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.