Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On the navigational pane, I want to look for DataBricks Repos, but this is not available for the community edition. Anyone can point to the right direction?

Isaac_Low
New Contributor II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alexott
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Community Edition simply doesn't support Repos... You can create your own instance of Databricks, for example, on Azure - it wouldn't cost you too much until you store TBs of data on DBFS and use expensive instance types.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

alexott
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Community Edition simply doesn't support Repos... You can create your own instance of Databricks, for example, on Azure - it wouldn't cost you too much until you store TBs of data on DBFS and use expensive instance types.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Isaac Kar Lowโ€‹, We havenโ€™t heard from you on the last response from @Alex Ottโ€‹ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you. Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Please don't forget to click on the "Select As Best" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

Isaac_Low
New Contributor II

All good. I just imported the training material manually using the dbc link. Didn't need repos for that.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.