Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I downgrade my subscription from Premium to Standard?

gmartinez
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have tried getting in touch with the support and sales but I still have no answer.

I tried Databricks and I wish to continue but with a Standard subscription. However, It won't let me do it by myself since I need to reach out to the sales team.

I already tried getting in touch via email and through their website's contact form.

Any idea how I can reach them?

Thanks in advance,

Gerardo

6 REPLIES 6

MoJaMa
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi Gerardo,

We can do this for you with a Support Ticket.

Who did you try to contact to get this done? Just want to be sure I don't send you the same route again.

Your screenshot suggests that you are on an AWS Databricks E2 Account. Can you confirm that?

Note that downgrading the subscription tier does not downgrade existing workspaces. New workspaces will be spun up on the Standard Tier after the account downgrade but the existing workspaces will stay Premium. So if you want to stop using those Premium workspaces you'll need to migrate all assets off that to a new Standard workspace.

Thanks

Mohan.

gmartinez
New Contributor III

Hello,

The Support team opened a ticket for my case, I'm waiting for further instructions.

I'm using a GCP account, I deleted all the workspaces. Should I create a new GCP project to start from scratch a new standard subscription?

Thank you,

Gerardo

MoJaMa
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Gerardo,

Just to confirm, you opened a ticket with Databricks Support?

If so, can you send me the ticket number?

If we can downgrade your account, then you might not need to create a new one, but I would like to check the ticket.

Thanks!

gmartinez
New Contributor III

Yes, I opened a ticket with Databricks Support,

Here is the information:

Ticket Detail:

Ticket Number: #00202899

Subject: Re: Downgrade Databricks Plan

Requester: Gerardo Martinez

Priority: Normal

Ticket URL: https://help.databricks.com/s/case/5008Y00001yM1Lm

Unique TicketId: [ ref:_00D61JGc4._5008Y1yM1Lm:ref ]

Thank you!

gmartinez
New Contributor III

I cannot access the Ticket URL since I don't have a workspace domain (I disabled everything to stop anymore charges on GCP)

image.png

gmartinez
New Contributor III

Hello @Mohan Mathews​,

Have you received any news from the support team?

I canceled the previous subscription and acquired a new one on a standard plan. However, when signing into my Databricks account my plan still shows up as "Premium".

Is there a way to reset my account?

Thank you!

Gerardo

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.