cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended Hive metastore pattern for Trino integration

irispan
New Contributor II

Hi, i have several questions regarding Trino integration:

1. Is it recommended to use an external Hive metastore or leverage on the databricks-maintained Hive metastore when it comes to enabling external query engines such as Trino?
  2. When I tried to use external hive metastore, I have completed the steps here: https://docs.databricks.com/data/metastores/external-hive-metastore.html. However, when I tried to create a delta table, I see the following error (file:/user/hive/warehouse/myTable is not a directory or unable to create one). I would like to understand how to solve the issue.

test - Databricks

4 REPLIES 4

weldermartins
Honored Contributor

To insert table you have to create a Dataframe and Schema.

would you mind showing me how to make the code works?

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi @iris pan​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

JunlinZeng
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

> Is it recommended to use an external Hive metastore or leverage on the databricks-maintained Hive metastore when it comes to enabling external query engines such as Trino?

Databricks maintained hive metastore is not suggested to be used externally. So I would suggest to use external hive metastore.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.