Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Databricks install WHL as JAR in Python Wheel Task?

jwilliam
Contributor

I'm using Python Wheel Task in Databricks job with WHEEL dependencies. However, the cluster installed the dependencies as JAR instead of WHEEL. Is this an expected behavior or a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @John William​ it could be a user error while uploading the library. I installed two wheel libraries to my cluster. For one library I used the format as Wheel and for the other I used JAR. In both cases, the library will be installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @John William​ it could be a user error while uploading the library. I installed two wheel libraries to my cluster. For one library I used the format as Wheel and for the other I used JAR. In both cases, the library will be installed.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @John William​ , We haven't heard from you on the last response from @Prabakar​ , and I was checking back to see if his suggestions helped you.

Or else, If you have any solution, please share it with the community as it can be helpful to others.

Also, Pleadon'tn't forget to click on t"e "Select As B"st" button whenever the information provided helps resolve your question.

AndréSalvati
New Contributor III

There you can see a complete template project with a python wheel task and Databricks Asset Bundles. Please, follow the instructions for deployment.

https://github.com/andre-salvati/databricks-template

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.