Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Catalog - Azure account console - how to access?

Leszek
Contributor

I'm trying to access account console in Azure but I only can see the list of workspaces and access them. I didn't find documentation about account console for Azure. Do you know how to access account console?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Please refer here.

• You must be an Azure Databricks account admin.
  • The first Azure Databricks account admin must be an Azure Active Directory Global Administrator at the time that they first log in to the Azure Databricks account console. Upon first login, that user becomes an Azure Databricks account admin and no longer needs the Azure Active Directory Global Administrator role to access the Azure Databricks account. The first account admin can assign users in the Azure Active Directory tenant as additional account admins (who can themselves assign more account admins). Additional account admins do not require specific roles in Azure Active Directory.
  • Your Azure Databricks account must be on the Premium plan.

https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/login/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Leszek​ you need to have admin rights to access the account console. Please check with your admin to grant the same.

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ thanks, but where to set this up? I guess in account console - but which user becomes first admin who can assign other user access rights? I'm using Azure and account console is new to me, till now I was using workspace level and I'm admin of the workspaces.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Please refer here.

• You must be an Azure Databricks account admin.
  • The first Azure Databricks account admin must be an Azure Active Directory Global Administrator at the time that they first log in to the Azure Databricks account console. Upon first login, that user becomes an Azure Databricks account admin and no longer needs the Azure Active Directory Global Administrator role to access the Azure Databricks account. The first account admin can assign users in the Azure Active Directory tenant as additional account admins (who can themselves assign more account admins). Additional account admins do not require specific roles in Azure Active Directory.
  • Your Azure Databricks account must be on the Premium plan.

https://accounts.azuredatabricks.net/login/

Thanks! This is what I missed.

vimalii
New Contributor II

Hello @Leszek​ . Please tell me is it works for you ?

Did you find the root cause ?

I still don't understand why I should grant to myself some extra permissions if I already global administrator, owner of subscription, owner of databricks workspace but still not enough

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.