Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data from databricks to external csv

ronaldolopes
New Contributor

I need to export some data from the database to csv which will be downloaded to another application. What would be the procedure for that? I don't have a lot of knowledge in DataBricks and I didn't find much information in the documentation.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • You can manually download data to your local in CSV from databricks notebook cell and pass it to your another application.
  • Your application can run Databricks notebook inside a workflow via an API that writes data to S3 bucket in CSV and in response you get the S3 location. You can then download the file from the bucket.
  • In the above step you can also make use of lambda function for an asynchronous call.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AmanSehgal
Honored Contributor III
  • You can manually download data to your local in CSV from databricks notebook cell and pass it to your another application.
  • Your application can run Databricks notebook inside a workflow via an API that writes data to S3 bucket in CSV and in response you get the S3 location. You can then download the file from the bucket.
  • In the above step you can also make use of lambda function for an asynchronous call.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.