Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autoML' is not found when using databricks.automl with runtime 112.ML (and runtime 10.4 LTS ML).

Christine
Contributor

I have tried to set up a autoML experiment with runtime 11.2ML and data from a delta table. However I receive the error "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'databricks.automl'" and "AutoML not available: Use Databricks Runtime 8.3 ML or above." though I am using a runtime newer than 8.3. Does anyone know how to get the module so I can proceed with autoML?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christine
Contributor

I deleted the cluster and created a new with runtime 9.1 LTS ML which solved the problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be

from databricks import automl

The table doesn't need to be delta, but does need to be a table in the metastore.

Hi @Joseph Kambourakis​ 

When I run that code I get the message on the figure below. It seems that my "databricks" library doesn't include automl.

(I am using runtime 11.2 ML though it states that autoML is not available for my cluster. I have tried earlier versions too.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need to install this library. It is automatically installed within the newest (10.0 or above) Databricks ML runtimes. Use 10.4 ML LTS for the more stable runtime and use the newest runtimes for the latest features.

hi @Salma Mayorquin​ 

In the original post I was using runtime 11.2ML and I have now tried with runtime 10.4ML, but I still get the same error.

sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Just to confirm, this is correct, and I do not see this problem on 11.2 ML. The software is installed, and your import is correct. I am not sure why you observe this; are init scripts modifying the ML runtime when the cluster starts, maybe?

I used the script provided by databricks as I use the autoML incorporated in databricks, so I would not assume that it modifies the ML runtime. I think there must have been something wrong with the cluster configuration, because I have created a new cluster and now it seems to work.

Christine
Contributor

I deleted the cluster and created a new with runtime 9.1 LTS ML which solved the problem.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.