cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark eventlog for Cluster pools

Stephanraj
New Contributor III

Hi,

I would want to setup the cluster logging (to capture eventlogs to /dbfs/cluster-logs dir) in my cluster pool configuration? is it possible?

If I create cluster manually, I could able to setup the cluster logging as mentioned here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/clusters/configure#cluster-log-delivery

But I am using instance pool to create cluster automatically and run the workload, in that case I was not able to setup the logging and capture the eventlogs. Any help here is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks,

Stephanraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are using API, you can set the logging using the below piece of information in your json body.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/api/latest/examples#cluster-log-example

"cluster_log_conf": {
        "dbfs": {
            "destination": "dbfs:/cluster-logs"
        }
    },

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Stephanraj C​ instance pool is to reduce cluster start and auto-scaling times for a cluster. Are you using any API to create clusters? If so could you please share the API request?

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

If you are using API, you can set the logging using the below piece of information in your json body.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/dev-tools/api/latest/examples#cluster-log-example

"cluster_log_conf": {
        "dbfs": {
            "destination": "dbfs:/cluster-logs"
        }
    },

Stephanraj
New Contributor III

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ , Thank you so much for your input. Yes it worked well!!

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Stephanraj C​ it's good to know that it worked. Please mark the best answer so this question can be closed and will help other members.

Stephanraj
New Contributor III

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ Thanks. The logs are getting stored in folder with the spark-context-id, is it possible to save the logs with some specific tag names.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Stephanraj C​ I am not sure if that would be possible. Also, I haven't seen such configurations.

Stephanraj
New Contributor III

Hi @Prabakar Ammeappin​ Okay, I would write some custom script for that. Once again thanks for your support!!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.